OFFICIAL "RULES" 2023
We are looking for people who may be interested in playing in our Fantasy Golf League. It does not require weekly maintenance, just a one-time selection of 12 golfers based on Player Values posted on this site. My brother-in-law, Tom and I started this pool 20 years ago with 24 entries. (Pascucci and Gleason is where the PG came from). The following year I created a website and we grew from there. I try to keep everything transparent by posting all of the Rosters for each team. For the Majors Challenge all of your picks will be posted so that you won't make duplicate picks and you can follow your competition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Picks need to be submitted before the first tournament starting 1/7/2023. There is an option to make one change to your team at mid-season for a cost of $15, if you choose.
Winners are determined by the amount of money that your golfers earned in the PGA Tour and WGC events. (Excluding Fed Ex Bonus money). OUR SEASON BEGINS WITH THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS AND WILL END WITH THE BMW in August. The Tour Championship will not be included.
1. Pick 12 golfers. Each golfer is assigned a monetary value (see Player Values for 2023 after Thanksgiving). Any player not listed has a value of 170.
2. Your team must not exceed a salary cap of 7500.
3. At the mid-season (Mexico Open?), you may change one golfer for a $15 fee. You must stay under the 7500 cap.
a. If a golfer joins LIV, suffers an injury, or gets hit in the head with a golf club, you are stuck with him until change week.
4. Each week the daily and year-to-date standings will be posted so that you can follow the activity as closely as you like. WEEKLY PRIZES OF $50 AND PRIZES FOR THE MAJORS OF $100 AND WILL BE PAID OUT AT THE END OF THE YEAR.
5. The final payout is determined by the final pool of money coming from the original buy-in as well as the additional money from the "Change Fees" and those who get into the Majors Challenge only, ($25). This will be posted on the website after all the money is collected. Please get your entry fee in before the first tournament. All money put into the pool will be paid out, except for a small amount to pay for stamps and envelopes!! The new website was paid for by some of last year's winners.
6. Rosters, $100 (US Dollars) per team entry fee, and team names are due by January 5th, 2023. You can have as many teams as you would like. Mail to 53 Hampton Knolls Rd. Holyoke, MA 01040. You can also pay using Venmo, PayPal, or Zelle. If using PayPal, please send to "Friend" to avoid fees.
a. For payment information email firstname.lastname@example.org
b. In 2022 we had 172 entrants and over 60 teams received some payment, including 2 who competed only in the Majors Challenge.
7. We have had a lot of fun doing this over the last 19 years and we hope you all enjoy it as well.
8. IMPORTANT - The Majors' Challenge!! In March we will be having a league within a league. In 2022 we paid out $1425 to 16 teams who won a piece of the Majors' Challenge. All teams are automatically entered and there is no more cost. If you want to add a Majors team, there is a one-time $25 charge. We had 180 entries in the Majors in 2022. More on that in March.
If you have any questions, please contact Chol (Charles Gleason) at cglea44@com.